No getting around it, this one is late. Sorry guys, I was having trouble getting motivated and finding my words. Onward!
Once More Unto the (Writing) Breach
- The Great Writing Plan!
- Words written- 7619
- Time edited- 8 hours
- Chapters posted- 4
Averaging out the three working weeks I had this past month (I’m not counting the last week of August, because everyone deserves to take a break on their vacation ;P) and evaluating the data I have available, I have decided to cut my goals by half. That will make them more achievable and keep me from losing my mojo trying to reach unattainable expectations. Look at all those big words! I’m on a roll ;P
- Loki Fanfiction
- I’m losing momentum on my Loki fic! 😦 This is weird because I have finally reached the point in the story that I thought was going to be easiest. I’m a little disappointed in myself, but I’m determined to power through! I’m hoping to have this fic finished by October so I can focus on preparing for NaNoWriMo.
- Changing History
- I’m behind here too 😦 I promise I’m gonna try harder!
- Speaking of NaNoWriMo, I had a huge setback regarding the original novel I was planning to work on in November. I mean, huge. Like, I lost half my work and my boyfriend was afraid to talk to me because I was so upset and then took me to get ice cream and I was still upset after that, kind of huge. It’s still upsetting to me. I mean, it was all going to have to be rewritten anyway… but now I don’t even have it for reference! So my plans for NaNo might change back to finishing up fanfiction again. I know I did that last year, but I still have a lot of work to do finishing up Changing History, and I would like to get my Hobbit fanfic posted sometime in the next century, and there’s that Supernatural fic that I’ve written a few chapters on… Fanfic is my security blanket. It makes me feel better. We’ll see how it goes.
Have You Hugged a Book Today?
I didn’t make my goal again. Big surprise. But I did make some progress so there’s that 🙂
Here’s the link to my star rating breakdown from last month, in case anyone would like a refresher. It’s also up in the header 🙂
- Books I finished this month:
- Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett- Five Stars
- Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Frank Miller- Four Stars
- Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling- Four Stars
- Fables Vol. 2: Animal Farm- Four Stars
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson- Four Stars
- Fables Vol. 3: Storybook Love- Four Stars
- The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum- Five Stars
- What I’m currently reading (In order of Date Started):
- The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett– I’m officially taking this one off the currently reading list. It’s been on this list for four months now and I haven’t made any progress on it in at least two, so I probably need to just go back and start from the beginning anyway. But I will come back to it!
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfield– I’m reading this based on Nerd Girl recommendation, one of the groups I’m a part of on Ravelry. I trust the judgement of these girls nearly implicitly, they have yet to lead me astray. I’ve been listening to this as part of my C25k so hopefully I will make some more progress on it this month.
- Fables Vol. 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers– Battles! Intrigue! Spies! BOY BLUE!!! *sobbing forever*
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix– Ugh. Let the teen angst and cringe-worthy overreactions begin. I just have to get through this book and then I can read Half-Blood Prince… It’ll all be okay… Just get through this book…
- Book to Screen– Nothing to report this month, but I plan to watch The Goblet of Fire in September, so that will be in my post next time.
#Hashtags and other minutia
- My Favorite Tumblr Reblog: Brother comparisons are the best comparisons. Someone kill me.
- My Favorite Tumblr Post: I haven’t posted anything original this month, so here, have another awesome reblog ;P
- Instagram: I have socks!
- I also failed at Twitter this month too, but here, have an instagram pic of the yarn I bought on vacation!
- Just For Fun: My friend Elissa really loved this one, so this is for you! 😀
Do I Actually Have a Life?
I’m skipping this section. I haven’t made any progress on anything in my real life. In fact, I’m feeling pretty discouraged at the moment. If anything changes, I’ll let ya’ll know 🙂
“And In Conclusion…”
- Writing Goals
- Words- 500 a day (2,000 a week)
- Editing- 30 minutes a day (2 hours a week)
- New Chapters Posted- 2 per week
- Reading Goals
- 45 books by the end of September (read 9 books this month, including catching up on two different book clubs)
- Social Media- Twitter needs some love. I didn’t even retweet things this past month. I’m going to make it a goal to at least try to retweet a few things every once in a while ;P
- My Personal Life- Just try to survive, mainly, and not fall apart or feel like a failure. That’s a good goal, right? 🙂
Sorry for the staccato nature of this post, and that it’s really late. I’ll try not to fail at life so horribly next month 🙂