Oh my gosh, I feel like this past month kicked my ever-loving… You know what? Let’s just… let’s just move on, what do we have to report?
Once More Unto the (Writing) Breach
- I WON!!! Barely… by like, the skin of my teeth, seriously. The first day was awesome! I wrote 5,000 words in 24 hours! I was the bomb! And then… yeah… life. It sucked out my soul. By the last week, I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I probably wasn’t going to make it this year. My story was going nowhere. My characters were all lost causes. I had burned myself out too early in the year and I had nothing left. But then, through perseverance and a weekend full of coffee, I pushed through and made it to the end! If you want to see my progress this month in bar graph form go here: Wonderland Reclaimed: Into The Tulgey. I met my goal of finishing Part Two of this novel as well, and even wrote a chapter and a half of Part Three just to make the word count 🙂 Overall, I’m fairly pleased with myself, but to be honest, I’m glad I’ve decided to take it easy in December. I have given so much of myself this year, I feel like I have nothing left in me. I need this break. But of course, I can’t really leave well enough alone, so…
- Changing History: I’m back, baby! 😀 I thought I would be able to post chapters while doing NaNo pretty easily…
That was just me talking crazy talk. Remind me never to do that again, okay? So, now that NaNo is over, I really am going to try to post a couple of chapters this month. No, really. Nothing crazy, because I do still have Christmas and my vacation mid-December, and this will be the only writing project I will be working on in the month of December, but this is the only way I will stay sane going into 2016. I need this month, you guys. I really need it.
Have You Hugged a Book Today?
Look at that, still ahead! I don’t anticipate having any problems meeting my book goal this year, even taking it easy in December. Let’s see what I’ve done this month!
Here’s the link to my star rating breakdown if anyone needs a refresher. It’s also up in the header 🙂
- Books I’ve finished:
- What I’m currently reading (In order of Date Started):
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfield– I actually did read some of this this month. It’s not bad… It’s just not holding my attention the way I thought it would. I’m not sure if I’ll continue the series after this. Life being too short and all. It’s definitely gonna depend on the ending (if I ever get to it!).
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling– I am not even prepared, you guys. NOT. EVEN. PREPARED.
- Book to Screen: I’ve… got nothing. Nothing yet anyway. There will be a lot in the next blog post, life willing 🙂
#Hashtags and other minutia
I did surprisingly well on the social media front this month! Seriously, it’s kind of hard to pick favorites, way to go me! 🙂
- My Favorite Tumblr Reblog: Just because it’s beautiful 🙂
- My Favorite Tumblr Post: I entered “Worth Living For” in another contest on Inkitt! It was doing really well at first, but it could definitely use some more votes now 🙂 Voting ends Dec. 22nd.
- Instagram: I made a bunch of cowls this month too. Hey look! It’s my face! 🙂
- Twitter: I shared these guys all over my social media because they are just TOO FUNNY!!!
- Just For Fun: Have to share the trailer for Civil War. Because this is freaking important to my life, you guys don’t even understand, I have watched this trailer like ten times. I’m not gonna survive May…
Do I Actually Have a Life?
Nope. Not even a little bit. No gym, still taking the dog to the vet, other than that I have done nothing of note (that I can think of right now). Next year is a new year, we’ll try again!
“And In Conclusion…”
- Writing- I’m really trying to take the month of December off for planning and recharging. I have most of 2016 planned out already, but I think I’ll share that in a separate blog post. I really want to try to utilize this blog a bit more, so that will be part of my goals for 2016 as well. For now, I’m just going to focus on Changing History and trying to get my bearings and balance again. I gave a lot this year, I feel like it’s time for some R&R.
- Reading- I would like to have finished the Harry Potter series by the end of the year, but I’m not sure I’ll make it. I have a few comic books to read and another audiobook that will get finished this month. I’ve been organizing my list of books to read so hopefully I will have a bit of a plan for my reading in 2016.
- Social Media- I’m just trying to keep up. That’s it. Let’s see how it goes 🙂
- My Personal Life- Still trying to hold off anxiety until January. I think I’ll be okay, once I get Christmas out of the way (which is always the most stressful time of the year for me). I do want to try to get back to the gym in January though, and start eating better again, but those are goals for another post 🙂
That’s all, folks! If I don’t talk to you again before, I hope everyone has pleasant, stress-free holidays with friends and family! I’ll just… be over here like…