Welcome to the 2018 reading blog, everyone!
I guess I’ll start by letting you all know how 2017 went for me.
Pretty well! I managed to just scrape by and make my goal for the year! Let’s take a look at what’s happened recently, then we’ll look at the year and see what’s coming up in 2018.
Here’s the link to my star rating breakdown if anyone needs a refresher. It’s also up in the header under the Blog tab 🙂
- What I’m currently reading (in order of Date Started)
- Books I’ve Finished
- The Successful Author Mindset: A Handbook for Surviving the Writer’s Journey by Joanna Penn- Four Stars
And now, for the summary of 2017!
2017 was a surprising year, in that I’m a little surprised that I accomplished anything. I’m hoping for better things in 2018.
My goals for the upcoming year include:
- Read 55 books– This worked out well for me this year, so I think I’m gonna stick with it and try not to tempt fate. Hopefully that will work out for me 🙂
- Read the last five books of the Temeraire series– I started this series for a book club this year and I really enjoyed it! I’m hoping to finish up the series this year (even though I’ll be sad to see it end).
- Read ten books by self-published authors– This is a new goal, but I would like to support more authors like me, who are just trying to make a living in this crazy writing world. So this is my feeble attempt to make a dent in all the great books out there.
And that’s my year! You can check out my to-read list to get an idea of what else I might read in the year ahead (I’m still reorganizing this list, so no guarantees that these books will all be read, but you can get an idea at least).
May 2018 stop sucking the life out of everyone (including me). See you guys next time!