I actually caught up on my reading goal! Hooray! \o/ I blame both a comic book binge and Audible for this. It took me forever to convince my brain that signing up for an audiobook once a month was a good idea, but right now I REGRET NOTHING! 😀
Here’s the link to my star rating breakdown if anyone needs a refresher. It’s also up in the header 🙂
- What I’m currently reading (in order of Date Started)
- Miles Errant by Lois McMaster Bujold– This has been my weekend read for the past couple of weekends 🙂 I love Miles Vorkosigan to death and reading his antics never fails to make me laugh out loud. He’s a delight in every way and I’m glad I’ve been able to get back into his world.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon– This is a book club read and I’m enjoying it immensely! So far, it’s very much not the over-the-top romance I was expecting and much more a historical fiction with some fantasy realism thrown in. I’m liking it a lot (though I am spending a lot of time waiting for the other shoe to drop right now ;P).
- Books I’ve Finished
- The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King- Four Stars
- Marvel’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron Prelude by Will Pilgrim – Three Stars
- Avengers: Road to Marvel’s The Avengers- Four Stars
- The Martian by Andy Weir- Five Stars
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4: Last Days by Willow G. Wilson- Five Stars
- Thor Vol 2: Who Holds The Hammer? by Jason Aaron- Four Stars
- Doctor Strange: The Oath by Brian K. Vaughan- Five Stars
- Chew Vol 2: International Flavor by John Layman- Four Stars
- The Wastelands by Stephen King- Four Stars
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Alright, I finished this book a while ago and I was trying to come up with the perfect words to write in my review, but at this point I think I should just wing it, so here we go! ;P
I loved this book. It’s not in my normal genre wheelhouse, but I’m always trying to expand my experience and, let me tell you, my experience is expanded! It was gritty and dark and very real. I found characters on both sides that I could root for (and in at least one case, scream at in a very WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DON’T DO THAT, I WANT TO KEEP LIKING YOU! kind of way ;P) and I felt sympathy for them in all sorts of different ways. The plot was grim, but engaging and kept me asking questions (which is something I always like) and the end, while not tied up in a perfect bow, was exactly what I didn’t know I needed.
I look forward to digging into more stories with these characters!