A Hobbit’s Walking Tale (Twitter tags: #AHobbitsWalkingTale #byfogisbeautiful)
- Miles Walked This Month (November 29th-December 28th): 58 miles
- Total Miles Walked: 696.8 miles
- Milestones Reached: Mirkwood (Forest Trail entrance)
“By the afternoon they had reached the eaves of Mirkwood, and were resting almost beneath the great overhanging boughs of its outer trees. Their trunks were huge and gnarled, their branches twisted, their leaves were dark and long. Ivy grew on them and trailed along the ground.”
~The Hobbit, Chapter 7: Queer Lodgings
We have come to Mirkwood, and the end of 2016! It’s been a great journey so far, and I anticipate the rest of the journey will be even more exciting! Just for fun, here are a few stats I’ve pulled together from the year:
- Most miles walked in one month- 83.7 (August)
- Least miles walked in one month- 44.2 (September)
- Average miles walked per month- 62.3
- Miles remaining to The Lonely Mountain- 245.2
- Miles remaining to return home- 1058.2
- Estimated return date- June 2018
I’m really looking forward to 2017, because I have a plan to incorporate walking into my writing routine by using dictation! That should up my mileage by quite a bit, if I can commit to it. As a goal, I’m hoping to raise my average miles per month to 70 (which will shave about two months off my journey!).
Until next month (and next year)!
2 thoughts on “A Hobbit’s Walking Tale- The Conclusion of 2016”
Congrats on your accomplishments! What are your plans for dictation? Do you have a specific program/app you’re using, or just winging it?
What a great place to be!
King Thranduil with the perfect eyebrows and all that wine! You can’t go wrong there! Congratulations on your walking this year. That’s going to be really cool with you using dictation for more writing. You’ll have to tell me more about it on Monday!