Once More Unto the (Writing) Breach
- Changing History: I DID IT! I ACTUALLY FINISHED THE EPIC REWRITE!!!
Part Four (Calenhiril’s Search) will start posting on March 3rd and I’m SO EXCITED!!!
I’m not… technically… finished with the entire first draft of Part Four yet, but I’m far enough along (and I’ve edited the first half enough times in the past year) that I feel pretty confident in my ability to begin posting in March. Of course, I’ll probably only get three or four chapters posted before Camp NaNoWriMo in April, but that will be FOUR CHAPTERS CLOSER TO THE END, OH MY GOD, I CAN’T EVEN!
- Writing Excuses: “15 minutes long, because you’re in a hurry and we’re not that smart.” If you haven’t listened to this podcast (starring Brandon Sanderson, Mary Robinette Kowal, Howard Tayler, and Dan Wells), then you are missing out! My friend, Elissa (who I’ve mentioned on this blog more times than I can count. If you aren’t reading her blog, WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???) mentioned this podcast in a recent post and (surprise, surprise) I had never heard of it. But I had heard of Brandon Sanderson, so I decided to give it a shot. From that very first line, I was sold. I downloaded several episodes through Podcast Republic on my phone, and have been listening to the playlist for days. They make being an author feel like something attainable, something that real, actual people do, and do well. It’s both encouraging, entertaining, and informative, I highly recommend it!
Have You Hugged a Book Today?
I’m still behind, but I’m working on it. No, really! Stop laughing!
Here’s the link to my star rating breakdown if anyone needs a refresher. It’s also up in the header 🙂
- Books I’ve finished:
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster- Three Stars (though, to be fair, I really only skimmed it. I’ll be reading it again in more depth at a later time)
- Ms. Marvel Vol. 3: Crushed by Willow G. Wilson- Five Stars
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss- Five Stars (Patrick Rothfuss is a god amongst men…)
- What I’m currently reading (In order of Date Started):
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King– I finally started this series! I’m hoping to read the whole series this year, but I’m definitely behind, so we’ll have to see.
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes– This is the book that my book club has decided to read for March, but I started it early 😉 I came to the Princess Bride later in life, but the story is so timeless and lovely that I fell in love instantly. Cary Elwes tells the tale of his experience making the movie with such wide-eyed wonder and humility, it is a joy to listen to. And the guest appearances from the other members of the cast and crew add delightful flavor to the book.
- Book to Screen (Twitter live!tag-#fogwatches):
- Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix- I’m gonna be honest here. This was not as jarringly awful as I thought it was going to be. It was horrendously painful (and god, I hate Umbridge SO MUCH!), but it wasn’t “awful”. There were several wonderful moments, mostly containing Sirius and Remus, and I think I felt more sympathy for Harry in the movie than I did in the book. I mean, he’s still an annoying emo-teen, but I felt a little more sympathetic toward his emo-ness. If you really want all of my feelings, you should check out the live!tag on Twitter (listed above), I’ve been told it was entertaining ;P
#Hashtags and other minutia
- My Favorite Tumblr Reblog: Breaking your heart, one reblog at a time…
- My Favorite Tumblr Post: Pretty much the only original thing I put on my tumblr of any note, which just proves (for those who were not already convinced) that I am a hopeless nerd ;P
- Twitter Retweet: I just loved this too much not to share.
- Twitter Post: I’m still so sad, would my heroes please STOP DYING, thanks very much! 😦
- Instagram: Nothing interesting on Instagram this month, so here’s another tumblr post! Not really a reblog, but not really original either since I just found it on the internet ;P
- Just For Fun: There are no words to describe how epic this is…
Do I Actually Have a Life?
- A Hobbit’s Walking Tale (Twitter tags: #AHobbitsWalkingTale #byfogisbeautiful)
- Miles Walked This Month– 62 miles
- Total Miles Walked- 73.6 miles
- Milestones Reached- Frogmorton, The Brandywine Bridge
“At first they had passed through hobbit-lands, a wild respectable country inhabited by decent folk, with good roads, an inn or two, and now and then a dwarf or a farmer ambling by on business.”
~The Hobbit, Chapter 2: Roast Mutton
As I suspected, I nearly made it to Bree! I am roughly 11 miles away, as of this writing! I probably could have made it to Bree in fact, if I hadn’t taken a week off from doing nearly anything this month, and then gotten sick in the last week. Oh well, next month! 🙂
I was doing really well, but then I lost my 20 day streak and I sort of… gave in. I’ve done really well though! I got through my review of the first set of lessons and nearly finished the second set, which was exactly what I expected to accomplish 🙂
I also wanted to share some highlights from my lessons with you guys because, quite frankly, this program has been so entertaining, and deserves to be shared with the world ;P
“And In Conclusion…”
- Writing- Begin posting Calenhiril’s Search and start doing the preliminary work for Clarity (my Loki fanfiction, which I will be editing for Camp NaNoWriMo in April!)
- Reading- I still haven’t managed to fix my audiobook files that I messed up, I’m going to try to do that this month, and then catch up on my reading!
- Social Media- Don’t forget about Instagram! ;P
- My Personal Life- Walk to the Midgewater Marshes. Complete 5 more lesson bubbles on Duolingo and reach level 7 (nearly level 8).
And… that’s it! This has been an exciting month, hopefully the momentum will continue!